Friday, May 2, 2008

Seeking

"I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4 I can't believe it is already May. In the post that I wrote the day or so after I resigned my job back in March, I shared how God had led me to quit my job even though, on paper, Shane and I would be at least $300.00 short per month with our finances. April was our first month to go through on one income. I remember telling God how afraid I was to walk away from a job that provided for us. He told me that the job never provided anything--He provided it all. And He would continue to do so. The question was did I really believe He would? God told me to trust Him and I walked away from a 10 year career to begin this new ministry. I couldn't wait to tell you that during the month of April, all our needs were met. He did exactly what He said He would do! I wanted to share that with you to give God the glory for His faithfulness. I also wanted to share how you can also experience that same faithfulness from Him as well... I believe Psalm 34: 4 holds the key to knowing the faithful side of our father. It tells us how David sought God to deliver him from his fears. Seeking God is the first step. How often do we jump on the telephone to our best friend or family member to tell them our fears and our frustrations? I can't imagine what it is like for God to hear that conversation and know that we could have come to Him first. I am trying to do just that. I believe God wants us to seek Him. To come to Him and tell Him the emotions that we feel. If it's anger, sadness, or even fear, He still wants know. He wants us to be "poured out" before Him. We have to be empty before we can ever be filled. I am learning that when I am honest with my God, He begins to deliver me from my fears. I am beginning to know Him. Really know Him. And the more I know Him, the easier it is for me to believe Him. This is the most wonderful thing I have learned in my Christian in walk. Have you come to a place in your life where you believe God instead of just believing IN God? The Bible tells us that even Satan believes IN God. I hope that you will be encouraged to go to your Saviour and tell Him , honestly tell Him, your thoughts. This is seeking Him. And the more you seek Him, you will believe Him to deliver you from everything you don't need in your life. Love, Corrie My prayer for today: Lord, thank you for not ever turning your back on me when I have ran to you. Each time, you gently console me when I am afraid and you pick up my cares and concerns so that I don't have to carry them anymore. Thank you for loving me enough to deliver me from my fears...

3 comments:

Sheila Lackey said...

Praying for you this morning.
Hoping all went well last night.

Sheila

Amanda said...

Thinking of you and praying that feel better soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was sitting at my desk, completed consumed with fear because of some things that my family and I are going through and said out loud "I need a word". I immediately jumped on-line and came to your blog because I've been uplifted so many times after reading your entries. Today was no different. After reading this entry I said to myself "How did she know?". But it wasn't you who knew, was it? God is so good! He always gives us what we need if we will just trust Him. Much love to you and thank you for your faithfulness.