Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Hem or His Hand?

"...they placed the sick in the market places. They begged Him to let them touch even the hem of His garment, and all who touch Him were healed." Mark 6:56 Tonight, as I began to pray for God to lead me to write a fresh word from Him to you, He burdened my heart. I know that there are people tonight that need to be restored. Not with just health issues, financial problems, bad jobs, or even troubled marriages. But a feeling that God is distant. Perhaps it has become a matter of faith, or a lack of. How often this has appeared in my life. As I read this verse from my prayer journal dated August 29, 2007, I remembered all the things that were going on in my life at that time. I had many things on my mind. I had prayed about them. I had asked for God's to take away those problems that were weighing me down. I read this verse and I thought about my disease and how I longed to be there that day at that market place. How remarkable it would be to touch the very hem of Jesus' garment. To feel the power of God's only son run through my body and make me whole and complete. But tonight, God revealed something to me that I had never thought of: Isaiah 41:13 says, "I am the Lord your God. I am holding your hand, so don't be afraid. I am here to help you." Why would I want the hem of His garment when I could hold His hand? The Lord reminded me that from the very day I asked Him to come into my life and save me, I could hold His hand at any time I wanted to. The day He saved me, the power of His son DID run through my whole body! And He would come to my aide and help me with those problems. I believe we think today that if we can't handle our problems, than we are looked upon as weak. I think we have weak faith because we don't understand how to strengthen our faith. I am learning that every trial that I face is a pivotal moment. That moment when I am presented with a trial, I have a choice to increase or decrease my faith. I noticed that even with the sick people in the market place who wanted to see Jesus...He was in front of them but they had to reach out to Him to touch Him. God never moves. He is always there. But it is up to us to reach out to hold His hand. I know that for right now, I am holding on to His hand as tight as I can. I no longer fear Him leaving me...I fear me leaving Him. I hope that if you are facing a time in your life where you feel overwhelmed and confused about anything and everything, please cling to what you DO know instead of what you DON'T know. Rather than feeling weak in your faith, have it restored by God by reaching out to Him. If you've met Him, remember you have access to His hand...not just His hem. Love, Corrie My prayer for today: Lord, how comforting it is to know you literally hold my hand. Even when I cannot see, you are there. Thank you for never leaving me even though I have left you a hundred times. I love you and I will cling to you. Now and forever.

1 comments:

Sheila Lackey said...

How did you know this is what I needed today? Thanks.