Wednesday, January 23, 2008

To God be the glory!

Hey everyone! First of all, let me begin by thanking all of you who have encouraged me and prayed for me during one of the most important weeks of my life. Many of you already know that yesterday, January 22, 2008, I officially gave my resignation at my current job as a therapist. For a long time, God has allowed me to know that one day I would be totally committed to my calling in His ministry. In 2003, God spoke to my heart and created a ministry for me to lead called Filling the Gap Ministry. The purpose of this ministry is to teach people how to begin, maintain, or renew a personal relationship with Him on a phenomenal level. Though he has used me for many years to minister to those with mental illness and addiction, I am now moving to an ever greater calling that He has been preparing me for for the last five years. He then spoke to my heart on Monday and told me to resign at my job on Tuesday. When Shane and I looked at our finances, my lack of income showed that we would be loosing $ 300.00 per month. I began to seek God more that day asking Him, did HE KNOW we would be $300.00 short each month if I did this!!!??? hahha!! (like he didn't know!!) The impression grew stronger to resign. I struggled so much that rainy Monday. I knew what to do... I had heard His voice... But could I really walk away with no financial net and from the only career I'd ever known? So many of you began to pray for me at this time. With tears streaming down, I surrendered to God everything. Our finances, the ministry, my clients who I'd leave behind..everything. I am not telling this story for any praise of my own. I simply wanted you all to know this story so that WHEN I TELL you HOW God provides for us each month, we will all be amazed at the God we serve! I am whole-heartedly committed to telling others how to know Him. I have realized that if God shows us just exactly how everything will work out, then this is not faith because there is no crisis of belief. I encourage you who are listening for His voice to wait and be still. When He speaks, I hope you will follow Him because you love Him and trust that He will take care of you. I am so excited to see what God is fixing to do in my life and in the people's lives that want to see Him move. Please pray for me this weekend as I speak in Cuba, Al. Please lift up the hearts of those who will hear Him. I currently have a cold and I ask that you pray God sustain my voice. I hope this message has comforted any of you who are struggling with your question of faith. Just know that when you step out....it feels great!!!! Love you all, Corrie

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Corrie, this is Amanda Vandiver-Peppers. I love that you are able to be in the ministry full time, you're compassionate and loving! I hope you feel better soon! You can follow our adoption journey at www.2kaz4garett.blogspot.com. We hope to bring home an infant boy from Kazakhstan sometime between June and September! Love you!

Ron Horton said...

Corrie,

Hey, just wanted to say we are praying for you and trust the Lord to bless you as you speak at the conference. Sammy and I are leaving next week for the Pastors' Conference in Jacksonville Florida. I look forward to the fellowship and worship time. Blessings to you and family.

Ron Horton
Haleyville, AL

Sandy P said...

My dearest Corrie,
I am so so proud of you. You made a hugh difference at your position but where always destined for bigger and better things. As we worked together and you shared your stories I saw God and his love in your face. People talk about God and his love alot, but for the first time in my life I saw it first hand. I thank you for that life time gift and the joy you brought to my life. You are a true gift.
You will always be in my prayers. I miss you and Caanan.
Sandy Powers
Denver, CO