Thursday, January 31, 2008

Conference Pics:)

I thought I would hop on here and share a few pics of Corrie at the women's conference this past weekend. Thank you to all the ladies at Cuba Baptist Church for being so sweet to us during our time there, we all agreed that we felt God's Spirit in your midst.


This is Corrie, anxiously waiting to share God's word.


This is Corrie with the other speakers. They are (from left to right) Cathy Riley, Pat Nelson, and Page Hughes. These ladies are truly phenomenal people and God was just all over them.



This is Corrie with her bff and prayer warrior, Angel Jowers.




This was just the beginning. We are still standing in awe of our God and what He has accomplished just this past weekend. It is obvious that this was the official kick-off of "Corrie as God's spokeswoman". So, I guess we better get prepared for plenty more glorious weekends like this one. I'm sure they will include, but won't be limited to, long rides (car or plane?!?), fast food (and the inevitable tummy ache associated with it), frequent stops at gas stations (for a fresh Mtn. Dew and a much needed bath room break), and plenty more stays at the "Comfort Inn & Suites". Oh, I am so looking forward to the many more road trips to come!

Now for a few "shout-outs":

  • A very special thanks to Shane for supporting and encouraging Corrie especially for this weekend.

  • Another very special thanks to Corrie's mom, Judy (aka maw-maw to a certain someone) for keeping Canaan this weekend.

  • And a special thanks to Canaan for being good for maw-maw and trying to get better from his cold.

Before I go, please continue praying for Corrie. This past week she has been in the hospital with a few complications regarding her disease. She is currently at home now, recovering from all the tests and blood work they did on her. Please continue to remember and lift her up when you pray.



Thanks for stopping by, please leave us a comment and let us know who you are. If you are having problems leaving comments I'll try to walk you through it. Just click where it shows "comments" at the end of the post. Type whatever you want to say, and then you can either click on "Blogger name" (this only works if you have a blogger account) and put in your username and password, or "Nickname" (which is good if you don't have a blogger account but want to leave your name) and type your name, or you may click "anonymous" (which is good if you don't want to leave your name to your comment). When you are finished, click "Publish Comment". I hope this helps and I look forward to reading your comments. Love yall!

5 comments:

Sheila Lackey said...

So good to see pictures of my sweet "e-mail friend". What a blessing you have been to me! Don't ever forget I am praying for you daily!

Much Love,
Sheila

Amanda said...

Corrie,
I hope you get to feeling better soon. Jeremy and I are both praying for you!!!

AbbyLane said...

thanks for commenting on my blog! it's always nice to meet a new bloggy friend :)

i'm going back to read up on your blog now :D

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE SUIT CORRIE..I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND HOPE TO TALK TO YOU SOMETIME SOON..

Anonymous said...

Corrie,
I have just sat and read each of your devotionals this morning. It's early, quiet, still and peaceful and after reading these I feel very close to God and to my good friend, Corrie. Thanks for starting my day on such a positive note!
Love ya,
Lucy