Sunday, January 27, 2008

To know Him is to love Him

The conference! The conference! The conference! I am so excited to write to you about the Di's Hope Annual Conference that was held yesterday in Cuba, Al. I was so humbled to be asked to share about my ministry and a few words that God had laid on my heart for that particular group of precious ladies. I cannot tell you how powerful it was to feel God move throughout the hearts of those that were there. For those of you that were unable to attend, my message centred around Ephesian 3: 17-19. Paul is speaking to the Ephesians and telling them about how exciting it is to KNOW Christ. I felt God lead me to share 3 steps that one can take to know God on a personal level gained from Paul's writings. How often, as Christan's, do we walk away from a powerful Sunday worship service, a revival, or a conference, and feel "pumped up" for God? But as time goes by, that excitement turns to distance between our Father. This used to be very frustrating for me in my Christan walk. How could I keep this distance from appearing? That's when God invited me to carry this ministry of closing that gap or distance with a message of knowing Him...really knowing Him. Paul says God must first (1.)dwell within us. This is salvation. One must invite Christ into their lives before ever getting to know Him. (2.) Paul then discusses we must be rooted and established in love. The root of a plant is so very important. It is the heart of the plant and determines the plant's direction. So many of us are not "rooted" within God. One meaning of establish is "to accept as true". We doubt God so often. Even when he answers our prayers. But we can't 'accept it to be true' because we don't know Him and therefore can't trust Him. Why can't we just believe verses like 1 Peter 5:7 when he asks us to cast all our anxiety on Him? Why? Because we don't know Him the way he intends. (3.) Paul then says we must KNOW Him. This is a process in itself that I will write about soon on the future posts because it is just too much to cram on here for tonight!! I hope you enjoy worshiping our Lord on this blog as much as I do. I plan to do alot more of it. Thanks to all of you who prayed for me this week in preparation for the conference. I am so very blessed to have you as prayer warriors... Love, Corrie

3 comments:

Kyle Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Hey Corrie! I thought I would let you in on a little "blog" fun! So, I'm tagging you! Us blogadoptamommies get bored waiting, lol! See my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

Glad it went great in Cuba. I will be praying for ya.