Tuesday, February 12, 2008

His course

"In his heart, a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9 After many years of making so many mistakes, I have finally realized how much better God's will for my life is than my will alone. It is difficult to understand at times why God chooses the twists and turns in our life. But I have stopped trying to understand them and started to trust Him and Him alone. What does it matter where I go or what happens if I know He loves me more than anyone? I have come to desire God's will for my life. It is so perfect for me because He knows how to make me so very happy. His will often reminds me of a cross stitch piece. If you've ever looked on the underside of a cross stitch piece, you see numerous strings and knots and it looks terrible! But on the finished side, all those strings and knots move together in an unexplainable way to form a beautiful picture of some kind. This is how God is in my life. I seem to always be looking at the underside when He is looking at the finished product. This comes down to faith. I hope you will learn with me how to depend on God to "determine your course". All we have to do is remain willing and able. In Him, Corrie My prayer for today: Lord, Thank you for reaffirming my faith each time I read your word. I become so frustrated with my life at times. But I read your word and you let me know that if I step toward you, you will always make my steps go the way you have ever so carefully designed them to go. I want to always be in your will...

2 comments:

jennyhope said...

what a good word!! that is such a great word picture! I came here via Katie. I live in Pelham, AL and it is so cool that I have some fellow (local) blogging sisters (aka siestas)!

Happy Valentines day!! =)

Anonymous said...

So true! Jeremiah 29:11 says that He has a plan for us, a hope and a future. I teach others all the time to trust in the "big picture" of what God is doing and remember He only gives us a few pieces of the puzzle at a time. But, man, do I forget to swallow my own medicine. Thanks for reminding me! Love you so much!