Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Saddest Verse in the Bible

I received an email a while ago that was entitled, "the saddest verse in the Bible". This was the verse: "Does a maid forget her jewelry or a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people have forgotten me days without number." Jeremiah 2:32 I must say that after reading that verse for the very first time, it broke my heart and brought me to tears. To hear my God say that HIS people, the very ones who say that we pledge our heart and soul to His leadership, have forgotten Him so many days that He can't count. It implies that He should be as unforgettable to us as a bride's memory of her dress. Things that we could never forget. On the flip side, though, the 'saddest verse' also made me smile. It brought me such joy to know that He noitced! He loves me so much that he notices when I am not with Him and continues to seek me to be by His side. If we could only realize just how personal our wonderful God wants to be. I hope this verse moved your heart as much as it did mine... Love, Corrie My prayer for today: Father, forgive me for forgetting to spend time with you; to talk with you and praise you; to take my cares and worries and give to you. Remind me, Lord, of all you have brought me through and blessed me with so that I will never waver from what is rooted in my heart. Thank you for wanting to have me ever so close to you...

4 comments:

Kyle Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila Lackey said...

Thanks Corrie! I needed to hear this today.

I have been very busy lately and I hate to admit my time with Him has been just leftovers.

Hope you are feeling well,
Sheila

Jessica said...

What a great reminder! Thanks!

jennyhope said...

i prayer journal most of the time as a way to focus more in prayer instead of my thoughts drifting away...and with a toddler it has been CRAZY to say the least to try to be consistent. I have years worth on my shelf and can't seem to get thru one page before I am tracing my daughters hand on the page or drawing veggie tales at her request. I know I will look back and cherish it! Anyway, your post is right on! love jenny